- 1 pack of Beretta Antibiotic Free Pork Honey Garlic sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 4 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, or 1 tablespoon fresh
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 cups freshly chopped bread, use your favourite
- 1 cup finely chooped apples, optional
- 2 cups chicken stock, plus extra as needed, optional
- Salt and pepper
Method of Preparation
Sauté sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through, crumbling sausage with the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes. Add butter once browned.
Add onions, celery, mushrooms to skillet and saute until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Add garlic, and apples (if using) along with herbs and chopped bread, and salt and pepper to taste mix to combine.
If mixture seems dry add chicken stock until you have a moist consistency.
Transfer stuffing to cavity of turkey and neck area of bird if you have extra stuffing.