**marinade the steak preferably overnight or at least 2 hours**
- 4 Beretta Striploin or Ribeye steaks, room temperature
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grainy Dijon mustard
- 6 tbsp fresh rosemary and thyme, chopped
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1 cup Pinot Grigio wine
- 8 tbsp (1/2 cup) herbed butter
- 2 tbsp Winter Inspired Beef Rub
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp kosher or Maldon salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
Mushrooms and Onions
- 1 1/2 mixed mushrooms including cremini
- 1/2 lb pearl or cipollini onions
- 4-6 springs of fresh thyme
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh black pepper
- Combine olive oil, garlic, mustard, herbs, spice rub, salt and pepper in small mixing bowl.
- Cover all parts of the steak with the marinade, place on plate or in baking pan, cover with plastic wrap and let rest in the fridge until 1 hour before cooking.
- Meanwhile, prepare herbed butter in small mixing bowl.
- Mix fresh herbs, lemon zest, salt and pepper into the softened butter. Transfer to small dish and keep in fridge until ready to use.
- Bring steak and butter to room temperature, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat a large oven proof frying pan (a cast iron skillet is ideal) over med high heat, and add 2 tbsp of the herbed butter.
- Add the mushrooms and onions, season with salt and pepper and sauté for 10 min or until softened and lightly golden brown.
- Remove the mixture from pan, and set aside.
- In the same pan, add 3 tbsp of herbed butter, and sear the steak for 3 minutes per side.
- Flip the steak and sear the second side, adding the remaining 3 tbsp of herbed butter to the top of the steak.
- Transfer the mushrooms, onions, as well as any juices and the sprigs of thyme back to the pan surrounding the meat.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the wine over the mushrooms and onions and transfer to oven and roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, add remaining 1/2 cup of wine.
- Transfer steaks to cutting board, tent with tinfoil for 10-15 min to let the meat rest.
- Take out the thyme springs, and deglaze the pan with the mushrooms, onions and wine.
- Serve steaks immediately with the mushrooms, onions and jus.