- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Cook Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Servings 12 donuts
- 2 ¼ cups Flourish Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup almond milk
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Maple Bacon Topping
- 1 cup powder sweetener
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 package (450g) Beretta Bacon Bits, cooked
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees and grease a donut pan with coconut oil. In a large bowl, whisk together Flourish, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, cardamom and ginger. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract until incorporated.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Spoon the donut mixture into a piping bag, or a large zip lock bag with a hole cut in the corner and pipe the batter into the pan filling 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To make the glaze, mix all the glaze ingredients together in a shallow bowl until smooth. The mixture should be smooth and silky, but not too thin.
- Once the donuts are cooled, dip them in the glaze and sprinkle cooked bacon on top.
- Let sit for 30 minutes for the glaze to set.
(via flourishpancakes.com) Get 15% off using code "FLOURISH15"