Pizza Dough Balls
The perfect size for your pizza (approx. size 14 inch diameter) —slow risen, natural dough that bakes up bubbly and crisp every time. Try it in your oven on a pizza stone, on your BBQ, or if you are VERY lucky, in your pizza oven!
Ingredients: Unbleached wheat flour, Filtered water, Poolish (Unbleached wheat flour, Filtered water, Fresh yeast), Extra virgin olive oil, Fresh yeast, Sea salt, Malt flour.
How to: Fred`s Pizza Dough
- Thaw dough in fridge overnight
- Remove dough from plastic bag and place it on a lightly floured parchment lined pan
- With lightly floured hands, gently shape the dough into a rough circle or ball
- Sprinkle the dough lightly with flour
- Cover with parchment and a clean tea towel
- Allow to rest at room temperature for 2
- Place pizza stone in the bottom rack of your oven, and preheat oven to 500-550°F (A baking tray can be used if you do not have a pizza stone, but do not preheat it!)
- Have a pizza peel lightly floured or a parchment lined tray lightly floured ready for pizza crust
- Remove ball of dough from underneath the tea towel and place on a lightly floured surface
- Begin indenting the dough in the middle of the ball and press outward gently with your fingertips
- Stretch dough over the back of your knuckles until your desired thickness has been achieved (A 250 gram dough ball should be around 10” in)
- Place on peel or tray and top your pizza
- Bake for 3-4 minutes, rotate pizza 180° for even baking, then bake further for 2-3 minutes until the pizza has your desired crispiness (Baking may take longer depending on your oven and on the medium you are using (i.e preheated pizza stone vs. parchment lined tray))
Check out our Instagram @fredsbreadto for a video of how we make our pizza!