*FRESH CUTS*: AAA Antibiotic & Hormone Free Striploin Steak 8oz
These Striploins come FRESH! Ready to cook upon delivery!
Our Striploin Steaks are a must have! This cut comes from the short loin, near the tenderloin, which means it is very well-marbled. Striploin is often compared to Tenderloin, as it rivals and resembles its tenderness. However, Striploin has more marbling and arguably more flavor, and is considered by many steak enthusiasts as the best steak!
How to 'raise your steaks'
- When removing meat from packaging, pat dry with paper towels to remove extra moisture, as this will result in better browning.
- Season the meat before cooking. Season with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper or a rub.
- Meat should be brought to room temperature before cooking for optimum results.
- Clean and preheat grill on high.
- Lightly oil your steak. This helps searing and prevents sticking.
- If seasoning, do it before they hit the grill.
- High, direct heat helps sear the steak and seal in all the flavour and juice.
- Use tongs, never a fork as it will puncture the meat and release the juices.
- Keep the barbecue lid down as much as possible. It regulates the heat.
- Use the 60/40 method. Grill the first side for 60% of the time then flip and grill for 40% of the time. Guaranteed even cooking every time.
- Steak Grilling Chart
- Pre-heat gas grill to high / time in minutes:
Thickness 1" 1.5" 2"
(120 - 130°F)
(130 - 140°F)
(140 - 150°F)
(160 - 170°F)
- Place cooked meat on clean plate.
- Allow steaks to ‘rest’ for 5 minutes before serving
- A note on salt...We use kosher salt for seasoning. Kosher salt is a coarse salt that allows for more even seasoning because it clings to meat better. Kosher salt has a cleaner and brighter flavour than iodized salt and it contains no additives.